Tell me this isn't the most disgusting thing.....EVER!!!!
We had Subway sandwiches for Ali's party on Saturday...I'll be sure to post pictures ASAP, but for now, my disgusting, STUPID, story! We had a ton left over, and the platter that had been open my MIL had suggested that we go ahead and throw away since flies were kinda all over it. (We had the party out in our garage). Our trash runs on Wednesday and our garbage cans were filled the the MAX, so STUPID, IDIOTIC me left the covered platter on the counter to take out tonight for the trash tomorrow. Anyone care to guess where I'm going with this!? I know that no one is as moronic as me and can guess what happens to food that's unrefridgerated that flies have been feasting on!
I got Ali down for bed and decided to get the trash out. I grab a trashbag to throw this platter in and notice lovely little white MAGGOTS crawling all over the yummy sandwhiches inside the platter. I go to slide the platter into the bag and when I moved it.....MAGGOTS, thousands and thousands of them are all over the outside of this thing too!!! I was completely and utterly disgusted! On the verge of puking my own guts out! I had absolutely no clue how to even go about cleaning up all of these nastly little buggers! I tried to hurry and get the platter into the bag, but didn't want to touch any of them. I had no rubber gloves, so I managed to get the thing outside on our back patio while I attempted to clean them all up off of my counter. You have no idea how many of these gross little things were ALL OVER THE PLACE!
I tried to spray them with bugspray to atleast stun them enough to get them to stop crawling all over, but no luck. I went through a whole roll of papertowels trying to scoop them up and try to get them into a garbage bag. Each time I did that, some would fall on the floor....I'd try to pick the fallen ones up, then by that time the ones on the counter were spread out again. Over and over this went for over a half an hour!
I finally got them all cleaned up, but I feel so disgusting! I've disinfected my counter but I can not bring myself to walk barefoot on the kitchen floor until I've had a chance to mop! Which, I'll have to do first thing in the morning before Ali has a chance to get there. I just don't feel like mopping tonight! I seriously have a big case of the heebie jeebies right now and feel like I have nasty maggots crawling all over me!
I can NOT believe I was soooooooooo flippin' stupid! DUH!!!!!! I just didn't even think! I knew that those sandwhiches were going to be pretty nasty after sitting out for a few days, but they were covered....so I THOUGHT I had nothing to worry about. WRONG!!!!!!!!
EWWW!
Will's 1st Birthday!
15 years ago






13 comments:
Oh my. This is just yucky. I have the willies just thinking about it. I don't think I'll ever look at another cold cut the same way again.
EWWWWWW indeed! I would have the heebie jeebies for days after that! But who would have thought that many maggots would accumulate? I certainly wouldn't have, especially thinking that the container was closed anyway. I'm sorry! I would have been screaming my head off, while trying to kill them all and get them out of the house. I HATE bugs! Normally I have to make DH get them for me because I just can't. But when he's not around, what other choice do I have? Ick!
Guess you aren't one for "Fear Factor" huh? Yeah, yuckky gross. I wouldn't have thought after a couple of days it would be that bad either. Makes you think twice about saving stuff that has been out too long, huh!!
Can't wait to see pics of her birthday!
Yuck! That is disgusting! I totally wouldn't have expected to find maggots on everything! Poor you for having to clean up such a gross mess!
Ooh! I feel like I've got bugs crawling all over me now too! LOL :o) I'm glad you were able to get them cleaned up. And I can't wait to hear how Ali's party went! I soooo wish I could have been there! :o( See you soon!
Yuck! Now, I need to go shower because I feel like I have bugs crawling over me. lol
I can't wait to see pictures of Ali's party!
EW.
I wouldnt think that could happen in that short of time. GROSS.
YUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!
That sorta thing makes a person want to RETCH!
EWWW!!! That freaks me out just thinking about it! I can't imagine having to clean that up!
I went private on my blog a while back and then went public for a few months after. I am returning to private and want to let you know so that you could send me your email address if you want an invite. If you are already on the list or have recently given me your email just disregard this. I am posting this comment on everyones page. I just don't want anyone to be left out. Have a great day!
That would have made me ill. Seriously ill. Kudo's to you for cleaning it up all on your own. ICK!
What the crap, woman?! Where are the pictures from her birthday? I've been stalking you, you know. ;)
OMG, I would have died! I'd have to get someone else to clean it or I would have hurled!
how was the party?
Post a Comment