Thursday, July 3, 2008

Introducing....

MY NEW NIECE!!!!!! My BIL and his girlfriend gave birth to Layla Rhea today via emergency c-section! She weighed 6lbs 9ozs and was 20 in. long. She was three weeks early. They had to induce due to Amber's blood pressure. I was suprised she was even able to go to term! She had terribly high BP before she even got PG.

The new parents!

Proud mommy! Isn't she cute!?
So tiny!
I was a little disappointed that I wasn't able to see them before I had to come back to DC! They induced her yesterday afternoon and Layla wasn't born until this afternoon! It just means that'll be my first stop when I go back home at the end of the month!!!


Oh, and I had Ali's one year pictures taken on Tuesday. It's a little early, but I wanted to have them so I can put them out at her party, and hand them out then too since I'm only home every now and then. Here's the link to the album http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=97800281&k=Y5CX5254Q3YMZDBIU1WZY then click on the little thumbnail picture of Ali or her Ali's name. That should take you to the album. The girl that did our wedding pictures and my maternity pictures did them for me. These are only a few of them...she took a TON!!! She's sending me a CD with all of them on there, but I wanted a little sample of what they were gonna look like! :o)

Have a wonderful Fourth of July!!!!

7 comments:

Mrs.Gator said...

6.9 oz and 3 weeks early she would have been a big girl had she gone to 40 weeks!!! Having just had an 8 pounder myself who was a week early I cannot imagine how much bigger she would have been a week later!

Congratulations on the new family member :) So glad they are both doing well!

Trish J said...

Congratulations on your new neice - she is precious! And the pictures of Ali are so cute!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations on your new niece. I can't seem to see the pictures of Ali though! It just takes me to my facebook account!

Joyce said...

Your new niece is SO cute! Ali's pictures are amazing! I can't wait to see more of them.

Platinum Rose said...

Awww, yay! Cute!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your sister!!! she's adorable.

Ali's pictures are so cute! She's such a doll!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your sister!!! she's adorable.

Ali's pictures are so cute! She's such a doll!