Wednesday, July 16, 2008

8wk appointment

I had my 8wk appointment yesterday. Seems strange that I'm already 8 wks along! I seriously feel like we just found out yesterday! I guess it helps make the time go by quicker when I have a tot to chase after and make my days fly by!!!

The appointment went well. I met my doctor for the first time--the one I saw on friday is the other doctor in the practice. I like him a lot, and felt very comfortable with him. Which kinda threw me for a loop since I've alway preferred a female OB. We discussed my delivery options and I let him know that I want to do a VBAC this time. He didn't seem to think it would be a problem, so that's what we're planning on as of right now. I can't, however, be induced....they want me to go into labor on my own. Fine by me, I've never been the one to really want to be induced anyways. I guess of the *small* percentage of women that do a VBAC that actually have a uterine rupture, 5% of those women were induced. Of course, I'm certainly one to prove that things don't always go the way you want them to during a delivery!!!! So, I'm crossing my fingers that this delivery is much better than Ali's!

I also got another u/s! Which is always fun! This time Newt measured right at 8wks! Lookin' good!
Well, Little Miss is up from her nap, gotta go!

7 comments:

~ MeLissa said...

Glad all is going well, dear. I'm totally behind you on the VBAC thing. If I get to have another kidlet I'm totally going to try for that route as well...

So do we get belly shots this time around, too? ;)

Tiffany said...

Glad that all is well with the baby and that time is going quickly for you. It feels like time has slowed to a snails pace for me and that this baby is going to be in me forever!

Heather said...

I'm glad everything is going well. I can't believe you're 8 weeks already!

I'll be praying that this delivery goes the way you want it. I know the C-section was completely unexpected with Ali.

Amy said...

I'm glad everything still looks good and you like your new doc. That makes all the difference. Hope to see you when you are home.

Trish J said...

What an adorable little jelly bean! Hope you're feeling good and Ali isn't wearing you out too much.

Mrs. Taco said...

Oh, I so wish I was right there along with you! I would love to be commenting on how fast this pregnancy is going and looking forward to my first appointment. (You know, it would have been next Friday.) I'm just so glad to hear that everything is going well with you. :o) I can't wait to see you when you get home! Oh, and I've been told that with the second pregnancy, everything happens sooner. So look forward to that baby belly early! :p

Anonymous said...

8 weeks already?! Wow! I'm glad you're appointment went well. I hope you're able to get some rest when you're not chasing after Ali.