For three weeks now, I've been spotting. I wasn't worried before, because everything I've read/heard about the kind of spotting I've been having says that it's comon. For those who don't know me well...I'm sorry, but I am NOT a modest person and have no issues talking about this. So, if you don't care to know, then I wouldn't read! :o)
It started out brownish and had stayed that way, until today. It's never changed quantity, but it turned a little pinkish today. That, on top of the fact that this has been going on for quite some time now had me a smidge concerned. So, I called the doc's office....I was supposed to have my 8wk appointment on tues, and just wanted to know what they thought I should do-if I should come in today, or they'd just check things out on tuesday when I came in. Well, the receptionist gal had to talk to the doctor and when she called me back she told me they could see me....before NOON. This was already after 10 and we live a good hour away from the doctor that I've chosen! I know sounds silly to live that far away....but we're planning on moving down that direction when our lease is up here.....anyways, she said that if I couldn't make the appointment that they suggest going to the emergency room! AHHH! So, that's when I started to freak out a little on the inside! Obviously they have SOME concern, or they wouldn't tell me to go to the emergency room...right?
I tried to call Josh at work, but he was headed to a meeting with the General and couldn't be disturbed and I knew he wouldn't have his cell phone on during that! Great! What am I going to do! Not only do I NOT know where I'm going around here (STILL!), but what am I supposed to do with Ali!? He ended up texting me telling me let him know what they say when they call me back, so I was able to get in touch with him...told him what was going on and he told me to come get him from work.
I had JUST laid Ali down for her morning nap, so I had to get her up, get her dressed, get dressed myself...I had not showered, I had to throw my hair back in a ponytail-thing and rush out the door. I forgot to brush my teeth...I was a mess! And, it's not exactly the kind of visit you'd like to go to when you HAVE.NOT.SHOWERED!!!!!!! Gross! :o)
Anyways, they did an u/s and everything looks peachy! Doc didn't see any reason for the spotting....I was told the same thing when I had BLEEDING with Ali. Apparently I'm just a freak of nature! So, here's baby Newt's first picture!!! Nothing much of anything to see, but I saw it's little heart just flickerin' away!!!
Will's 1st Birthday!
15 years ago






11 comments:
I'm so glad that everything is going well despite the spotting. Very odd, but if everything is a-ok....we're good and we're happy!
I'm SO happy to hear that everything was okay! My friend had a similar thing throughout her pregnancy and was always having to go to the Dr. and have ultrasounds to make sure everything was okay. She delivered her healthy precious boy right on time at the beginning of June. It is so cool to see the babies first ultrasound, even if it is just the flickering of the heart!
Ok...You gave me a HEART ATTACK!!! Thank goodness everything is ok! Love the sonogram pic!
I was freaking out for a minute!! I am so glad that everything is okay and that you got to see the heartbeat :). Newt how cute :)
Oh I'm so glad everything is fine. I know how scary that is. Especially when the doc wants to see you right away. I spotted with my first and was miscarrying, didn't spot with my second, and spotted again with my third but he was fine. I guess you never know.
One good thing out of all the panic is getting to see you little one growing and the heart flickering. And a picture, which we all know you LOVE pictures :)
I'm so glad you posted your ultrasound picture! It's so cute to see my little neice/nephew in there! :o) I'm still glad that everything is going well.
I'm so glad to hear the spotting was nothing to be worried about. I would have been freaking out too. Glad to hear everything is going well :)
WOW! You had me nervous! I am SO glad everything is ok.
I am so glad everything is ok. At least you now have some peace of mind plus you got to see your little one's heartbeat.
I'm relieved to hear that everything is still looking and going well! I am sure you were ecstatic seeing the heartbeat, to get that reassurance.
I am glad to hear/see everything is OK. How scary!! Hope your mind is a little more at ease now!
Have a great week.
Post a Comment