Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mini-party!

Today we had our close friends Joe, Brienne and baby Ben over to celebrate Ali's birthday! I called it a "mini' party...but now I'm thinkin' it's just a WARM UP for what's coming next saturday at her big family party! We have nearly 50 (FIFTY!!!!!) people invited to it, and I'm still working on getting an actual count of how many are going to be there. That's only our immediate family members! Yeah, big family!

Anyways, Ali learned pretty quick how to get into her presents! She was a little shy about it at first and would tear of the smallest piece of paper and then hand it to me. She did that quite a few times, but after each one she wanted to play with it. Joe and Bri got her a Dr. Seuss book and a little plush bowling set. Josh and I got her the Disney Princess chair she's sitting in, a Disney Princess pop-up tent and the Little People Airplane--the girl version! :o)


We got a cake to eat, but it was more of a cake for us! :o) Next week it'll be ALI'S cake. She still enjoyed it A LOT! She didn't hesitate digging right in, and getting her face in it. I think it helped her to know what to do having her one year pictures taken of her digging into a cake. She didn't really know what to do the first time, and didn't really end up eating any of it--just played with it. Today she was actually sticking her face down in it and eating it. After she'd put her hand in her mouth she'd say "MMMMMMM!"





So, one party down--one more to go! The more stressful one! Josh isn't coming back home until the day before her party, which means I'm the one stuck doing everything to get the house in order! We're probably going to be setting up tables out in our garage, since I'm not certain that 50 (!) people will fit into the inside of our house....so the garage needs cleaned BIG TIME! It's disgusting! And, I get to do it ALL by my lonesome! Fun for me!
I'm heading home tomorrow, and I'm so excited about going back home. I get to stay for three weeks this time. I'll get to meet my niece that was born on the 3rd for the first time AND my sister Kristin is getting induced on Tuesday! So I'll have a new nephew when I'm home too! Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend so far, I'm off to get some packing done!

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

I absolutely love her cake pictures. She has the funniest expression on her face when she first sees the cake!

Have a great trip home and good luck with the garage clean out and Ali's birthday party!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

How cute!

I LOVE that chair!

Heather said...

Love it! She's such a cutie! I love the second cake picture. She's just staring at it like "What the hell is this?!"

I see the same hair clip in every picture. I think it's time to get more. lol

P.S. What size is miss Ali wearing these days?

Mrs. Taco said...

Mackenna has that chair!!! LOL :o) We got it for her for Christmas. She really likes it too. :o) Anyway, I'll get to see you tomorrow!!

LCP said...

Wow, she really dug into that cake...how fun. Hope you have a great trip home, a great week, and a wonderful party!!

Platinum Rose said...

Adorable, I love the pics! I hope you're having an awesome time back home!

Anonymous said...

Aaaww....Happy birthday Ali! It's hard to believe she's one! Wow! Time flies when you're having fun.
The pictures of the cake are adorable!