Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Picture update!

Are you even shocked that I'd include pictures with my post!? :o)


My sister Amy had come out to visit us for a few days over the weekend. She flew back to DC with me and left yesterday afternoon. It was nice having her out to visit! We got in last thursday (her birthday!). Friday we went to see the Fireworks downtown. We sat on the front lawn of the Capitol Building. It was nasty raining, but we stayed anyways! :o) Josh and I had to make a tent out of the ponchos for us and Ali...she just sat and played underneath while it was raining. It only rained for a half an hour or less, and only twice. It stopped just in time for the concert and the fireworks. We tried to get some pictures of them, but it's really hard to get good ones without a tripod, and Josh was shaking the camera too much to get REALLY good ones. The concert was decent, and the fireworks were HUGE! It was just so cool to celebrate the Fourth in our nation's Capitol!!! Ali was so good all night long too, which made the evening more enjoyable! She played and actually watched the fireworks. She never even fussed, even though they didn't start til WAAAAAY after her bedtime. She passed out on the Metro ride home while taking her bottle--we didn't even get home til after 11--and she slept straight through til 9 the next morning!




Saturday Josh and one of his friends with to some golf thing, so Amy and I decided to go shopping. Although, I'm pretty sure I was the only one doing the shopping! I found a pair of maternity pants that were 50% off, so I couldn't pass that up! I got some new undies and a pair of shorts for Ali. That evening when I got home, I found that Josh had bought the new Guitar Hero game (SOOOO fun!), so we sat and played that pretty much the rest of the night.

Sunday we headed down to Quantico, VA to visit the National Museum of the Marine Corps. We had gone befor when Amy and my parents were out in May, but we were only able to stay for about a half an hour before it closed. This time it wa nice to see more of it. After that we stopped by our friends' house...they had a baby in May and Ali couldn't stop kissing on baby Ben! I think she's in L-O-V-E!!!!
Then on Monday we took Ali to the pool for the very first time! I wanted to take her to our pool when I was home last week, but Josh wouldn't let me. He wanted to be there the first time she went swimming. So, I made him find.us.a.pool!!!! It was a pretty nice one too! It had three slides, a diving area, a lazy river, a kid pool and two "tot" pools. Ali had a blast! She sat on our laps while we went down the lazy river a few times, and just LOVED being in the water!



ugh! terrible picture of me, but I had to include it. There are just so few pictures of just the two of us....I try my best to avoid the camera!

Well, so there ya have it....our exciting Fourth weekend!
On to other things....I can NOT believe my baby girl is going to be ONE in a little over a week!!! It just doen't even seem possible that time could have gone that fast! She's such a good baby, and I love being able to be at home with her everyday. I just love seeing her discover and learn something new everyday! She's walking a lot now and TALKING! Of course, we've got the standard Ali words of Duck and quack quack...but she's now saying cup, book, POOP ( of all things!) night-night. If you ask her what a dinosaur says she'll say "rar" in the cutest, sweetest voice ever! She's a MEAN dino! :o) She knows what a kitty, doggie, and cow all say. She knows where her belly, toes, fingers, nose and hair are. She blows kisses constantly, and shakes her head NO now! (oh boy!) She's been sleeping wonderfully!!! Ever since I FINALLY got her to go to bed without being rocked she's hasn't woken up in the middle of the night since! My baby's growing up! :o( *sniff, sniff*


9 comments:

Trish J said...

That was a fast year! I mean, I remember when you told us you were pregnant ... and that was almost 2 years ago. And when she was born ... wow. I can't believe how quickly time flies. You are doing a great job with her - she is happy, charming and beautiful. Great job, Mommy!

Mrs. Taco said...

She's walking?!!!!! On her own?!!! Holy crap! I can't wait to see that one the next time you come home! When are you coming home again? Hopefully we will still be here and you won't be coming after we leave for TN. It's amazing to live your life day in and day out and not really think about the changes our kids are making until we actually stop and realize just how big they're getting. LOL Then it makes us sad. Haha. :o) Take care and I'm glad you had such a good Fourth! I loved the pictures too! :o)

Kristen Miller said...

Sounds like you guys had a great 4th of July weekend. I agree...it would be really neat to be in the Capitol on that day. I'm glad you got to get out and enjoy the festivities.

The pool you guys found sounds really neat. I'm glad Ali enjoyed it. It took Jackson a few times to warm up to the idea of a pool but I think he likes it now.

They do grow up too quickly. Just think though...pretty soon you'll have another one to watch grow up and make discoveries too. So exciting!

~ MeLissa said...

Wow! You have a little prodigy there, don't you. It is hard to believe that she's almost a year old. Wow!

I still need to get Nicholas into a pool...as much as he adores bathtime, he's sure to just love it!

I've started a new blog primarily about him that you might enjoy: www.nickelsinmyfountain.blogspot.com. We'll see if I can find a little more blogging time again...

LCP said...

How fun, looks like you guys had a blast!! And to think it has been a year already...whew!! She is a cutie pie.

Joyce said...

I am so jealous! D.C.is my favorite place in the world to spend 4th of July. When my uncle was in congress he used to get us tickets and we would sit right up near the stage. It was awesome! The fireworks there are the best!

Ali looks so cute in the pool!! I love the pictures!

Amy said...

Great pictures. You have the cutest outfits for Miss Ali. I love her swimsuit. I'm all about a 1 piece for little girls, although I know it's easier for potty time with a 2-piece, so we'll see what I do when I have a girl. I know all about avoiding the camera. You look great though. I was just thinking the other day that I have only a handful of pics with me & Ty. Maybe one of these days I'll be a hot momma ;)

Platinum Rose said...

It sounds like Ali is in a very adorable stage right now! All that talking and good sleeping :-) That's so cool you got to celebrate the 4th at the capital building, I bet that was a huge celebration! She had a very cute outfit, too! And how cool, her first experience at the pool! Precious.

Tiffany said...

What a smart cookie! I can't believe she is almost a year old either! It looks like you had a fabulous weekend. You are obviously getting the hang of your new camera. Your pictures look fabulous! It must help that you have such a cute subject to practice on!