Friday, August 8, 2008

A first haircut and some tears

Hello all! I feel like it's been forever since I posted last, and I felt it was certainly time to put something up so that the maggot story wasn't still the first thing you see! :o) BUT--I do have to mention that those darn things are STILL haunting me!!!!!! I apparently missed a few during my extermination! Today I noticed two flies flying around the back door window. I didn't think much of it, just assuming that they must have slipped in while we were coming in and out of the garage door or something. I went to lunch today and when I came back there were about ten on the door then! I went on a fly murdering spree and ended up killing nearly 30 (THIRTY!!!!) darn flies!!! When I pulled the drapes back from the back door there were a ton of them! ICK! Seriously!? Will these things ever leave me alone! So, what I'm thinking happened was that some of them must have fallen in this planter thing that I had sitting next to my counter. I eventually moved it out of my way, but I think I must have missed some! UGH!

Anyways, last night I realized how bad Ali's hair is starting to hang in her eyes. She's even started getting a little aggravated at the stray hairs when they poke her in her poor little eyeballs. I had been contemplating cutting her some bangs, but I decided to go for it last night. Right before her bath I trimmed them up a little. It's nothing major, but I cried!!!!!! I couldn't believe my baby is old enough for her first trim! I think that combined with the pregnancy hormones had me a wreck...and, I just wasn't certain I really wanted bangs for her. So, Ali got her first little haircut and I cried like a baby! :o) I does look pretty cute though!

In pregnancy related news, I'm finally starting to have a more good days in between the bad days. I still have not gotten sick yet....it's just the nausea and heartburn that's KILLIN' me! I'm still pretty tired and try to take a little nap while Ali's taking one of her naps. I have my next appointment next week, and I'm so excited to hear the heartbeat!!!! The doc couldn't find Ali's at 12 wks....so I'm hoping that won't be the case with this one. I'm dying to hear it!

I go back to DC on Sunday. I'm not really looking forward to going back. I miss my husband and all, but I just don't want to leave home! I've been here for almost three weeks and I've really gotten used to being home! It's been nice to have an extended visit this time. I felt like I was able to see *almost* everyone without feeling so rushed. I was even able to squeeze in a dinner with some of my girlfriends. Tomorrow we are going to my nephews FIFTH birthday party (his birthday is actually today). I'm so glad that I didn't have to miss it. Although, I will be missing my other nephews birthday that's on the 12th of Sept. I'm really sad about it, and hate that I have to miss things like that!

Well, I should start getting my things packed back up since we'll be pretty busy tomorrow. Oh, and HEATHER, I know that I've promised some pictures from Ali's party....I will be on it once I get back to DC. The computer I have here isn't that great, so it's pretty much a big fat pain to get pictures from my camera on here. It'll probably be one of the first things I do when I get back!!!!! :o)

7 comments:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Aww. Bangs! How cute!

audreybreier said...

I'm sad you have to go back to DC this weekend! I was really hoping to get together!

I can't believe Ali has had her first haircut! It'll be awhile before Cade gets his..he still doesn't have much hair :)

As for the baby's heartbeat..she didn't tell me an exact number, she said just it was in the 150's. I was looking back over Cade's and his at the first appointment was in the 160's but then dropped to the 120's and 130's. We'll see if this drops any by the next appointment :) I can't wait to find out what it is!

Heather said...

You're killing me here! lol I can't wait to see them.

I gave Maddy her first trim last weekend, too, and I was so sad! I had been putting it off forever because I just wasn't ready but she was looking pretty shaggy.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the first haircut! It is sad but exciting all at the same time. show us picures!
That's sad that you have to go home...I'm always like that when I visit with my family.

Amy said...

Awe you cried. I always pictured the kid crying during the haircut, but not the mom. Now that I think of it it is a little sad. Another milestone. Just think of all the monumental milestones the baby in your belly is having. It's amazing.

Betsy said...

Aww...1st haircut!! I'll probably cry too, when Aly's hair gets long enough to cut. I'm too in love with her little curls right now to even THINK about her getting a haircut...lol.

Glad you're enjoying your time at home, and that things are going well with your pregnancy. That nausea and heartburn SUCKS. Hope you're feeling better. Have a great week!

Sara said...

Holy crap! You are pregnant?? Congratulations! I've been so out of the loop lately. Today is my first day back at work so I'll have much more time to check blogs. CONGRATULATIONS! I didn't even know you were trying!