Tuesday, August 26, 2008

An Impromtu Visit!

I am sooooo excited! I just found out yesterday that I'm going to have visitors this weekend! My parents decided to head out this direction for the weekend. Such a long drive just for two days, but who am I to care! I get to see my family!!!!!!!

I was already having a hard time with the fact that I would be going over 6 weeks in between my visits home--normally it's only about four weeks. It was going to be the longest stretch of time, and I hated it! I'm so glad they're coming out! They'll be leaving on Thursday and getting in really late Thurs. night/Friday morning and then staying until Sunday sometime.

You have no idea how much it means knowing that it's worth it to my parents to drive nearly 600 miles for a two day visit. Talk about feeling loved! :o) I have amazing parents! I love them!

We don't really have plans made for them yet...we're trying to get tickets to go see the Evening Parade. It'll be the last night for it for the season, and I'm dying to get my parents there! It's so cool! Other than that, I may drag them to the mall with me so that I have someone to occupy Ali while I shop for some maternity clothes. It's so hard to take her when I want to shop for myself, as the dressing rooms don't exactly accomodate the stroller!

YAY! :o)

I ordered Ali's new potty pants! I got these. They should be arriving sometime soon, and hopefully while we're out with my parents this weekend we can go get a potty chair. I'm really looking forward to starting this training process! I'm looking forward to seeing how she does and looking forward to the possibility to have the ONLY child in my family (besides my brother and I) trained at an early age. I know that it's going to be a trying experience, but I can assure you this: when we do start...there will be NO giving up! I'm not the type of person to just give up when things don't go well, and I know that if you start you shouldn't stop or it'll cause too much confusion. We shall see though!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad your parents are coming up for a visit! You're going to have such a great time!

Heather said...

That's great that your parents are coming for a visit. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Isn't it crazy to think about potty training?! Maddy did really well the first week we got her potty chair but now it's hit or miss. I'm not too worried, though. She's only one so I'm not in a rush. I'm not ready to give up my cute cloth diapers. lol

Mrs. Taco said...

The potty pants are cute! I hope you have a good time with dad and Amy (I'm sure you will). :o) When are you going to be home again? Take care!

Me said...

I'm so excited for you about your parents' visit! How awesome of them. Here's hoping you have a great time together.

And how cool you're ready to start potty training. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That's great! I hope your weekend was fabulous and I hope you took lots of pictures to share.
Good luck with potty training! I've thought about starting Brody already but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it. I know how difficult it's going to be for him right now at his age. He's just no where near being ready. I hope Ali has no problems catching on! Keep us updated.