Tuesday, September 2, 2008

If only I knew how to hog-tie...

I probably would have bound my parents so they couldn't leave! I miss them, terribly....already! They got in on Thursday night/Friday morning and left Sunday evening. We didn't do TOO much, but Friday we went to the mall. I bought a crap-ton of fall/winter maternity clothes, since all I have is summer stuff from Ali. I got Ali a few fall clothing items and we got her a potty chair!

Saturday we took her to the National Zoo which was a lot of fun. Ali's so in to animals right now, I think she had a good time. We were a little disappointed that some of the animals weren't out for her to see.

Sunday we went to the National Shrine to the Immaculate Conception. It was a beautiful church! Although we aren't Catholic, you still appreciate the archetecture and the beauty of something like that.

That's about it.....nothing TOO exciting, but I certainly didn't want my parents to leave. I hate being away from my family, and it was hard to watch them drive away. Atleast when i'm the one leaving home, I'm too occupied trying to get Ali and all of our crap situated on a plane to think too much about it.....it's harder to watch someone leave you. Three more weeks though, that's what I keep telling myself....three more weeks til my next visit home! In the meantime....Josh's birthday is on the 10th, his dad and step mom will be coming for a visit on the 18th and the on the 23rd it's off to HOME! I have to try to break the weeks down so that it doesn't seem like such a long time.

Anyways, the kiddo is napping, so I should REALLY get my behind in the shower finally! Yes, it's nearly 4:00 here and I still haven't showered! :o) Gross!

5 comments:

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Yeah, I miss my family terribly. So this of course makes me totally sympathize with this post. I am glad you got to see them though.

Heather said...

I'm glad the visit went well. I'm sure the next 3 weeks will fly by.

Amy said...

Ah, that's cool they got to come out to visit. Nice surprise.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice and relaxing weekend!

Platinum Rose said...

I'm glad you had a great time with your parents visiting, but sorry you were so sad to see them go! At least you do get to see them that frequently (and WANT to see them. It's great you have a close relationship)! Happy Birthday to Josh today! Hang in there..only 2 more weeks to go now!