Wednesday, September 10, 2008

30th Birthday

Today is Josh's birthday...the big 3-0! I can't even believe it. Although, I don't think 30 is OOOOOOLD, it's just odd to me. I don't feel like we should be getting this old. Even though I still have 2 years til I hit the 30 mark, sometimes I don't even feel like I should be turning 28 soon. It's just a strange feeling.

We aren't doing anything spectacular today for his birthday. He had off of work today, so I let him sleep in WAY late, and in just a little bit we're going to go to the park with Ali and Jasper. So, it's pretty much just a family day.

Other than that, not much is going on. Ali has cut ANOTHER molar. She's been pretty cranky, not taking very good naps, and getting up during the night....I happened to just take a feel in her mouth last night. Sure enough, it's pokin' through. That makes 8 teeth now!!!! I've had some issues with her eating. She's been very picky and will NOT eat fruits or veggies unless they're in baby food form. Well, I was relieved to have two REALLY good eating days from her. She even scarfed down some real green beans and pears!!! I tried to get her to eat carrots last night and today...but, it was a no go. So, I'm still giving her vitamins every day until she gets past this phase....atleast that's what I'm hoping it is!

As far as the potty training....we've decide to wait just a few more weeks. I want a good couple'a weeks where I can vocus completely on that. Josh's dad and step mom are coming out next week, then I'm going home for a visit, and then my sister Amy is coming out to visit. After that, I should have about two weeks to work on it before my next trip home.

Tomorrow I have my 16wks appointment with the doctor. I'm, as always, excited to hear the heartbeat again.....AND I get to schedule my ultrasound date!!! I hate having to wait so long to find out what we're having, but I think it'll help once I have an actual date to look forward to.

Anyways, that's all for now. Ali's waking up from her nap...so it's off to the park. I'll be sure to post some pictures AND an updated belly picture tomorrow!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday to Josh! It's funny how 30 once seemed SO old and now it is actually coming up pretty soon! Hope you have a good appointment... I can't wait to find out whether you are having a boy or a girl... what do you think the baby is?

Amy said...

Happy Bday Josh!

tm said...

Happy b-day to Josh. I am not far behind him... I will be 29 this year. But I agree with you 30 is not old by any means. Hope you guys have a great day

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your hubby!!! 30 is a big milestone. It's def. not old...hell, in Hollywood it's the new 20.;-)

Platinum Rose said...

Happy belated birthday to Josh! I know what you mean, about being older than you feel and think you are. I definitely don't feel like I'm about to be 27, and that DH is already 28. I still feel like we're 23ish!