Ali had her 15 month checkup yesterday! It was fun, er...OR NOT!!!!!!! She started screaming the moment the nurse walked in the door and had me strip her down to her undies. She refused to let go of me to get weighed. We tried standing her on the big scale (like she did the last time she was there for her 12 mos. visit) and would not sit on the baby scale. The poor nurse and I both tried everything to get her to settle down...didn't work! She thought she might have gotten a reading, but when it was a pound less than she weighed the last time, she really wanted to try to get an accurate weight. SO I ended up having to get weighed and then see how much she weighed by holding her. Fun! Turns out she IS about a pound lighter than she was last time she was there three months ago!!! YIKES! like my kid NEEDS to weigh any less!!!!!!
She screamed when Doc came in to take a look at her, took two of us to hold her down for him to look in her ears and whatnot. Again, FUN! He seemed pretty impressed at how much she's talking. The nurse asked me how many words she can say...and I couldn't even tell her, there's so many. Once I said "she's putting together phrases." She said "Oh, I think she's ahead of the game, then." Doc said that most kids her age are only saying three or four words. Ali talks up a storm and repeats EVERYTHING we say! The other day I said "Oh my gosh" (because she was in the bathroom every two minutes!!!) and she says it now. We REALLY have to watch what we say, for sure!!!!
Doc was really impressed with how well the potty training was going, and even that we had already started. She's still doing really well....we only have a couple accidents a day still. She's able to tell me that she has to go before she actually goes now and does that more and more. I'm really happy with our progress.
So, her stats from the appointment were: 18lbs and 32 inches tall. Doc said I could give her Pediasure to give her some extra calories but didn't seem too concerned with her weight. Considering she using a lot of energy with all her running around and such. I still have such a HARD time with clothes fitting her. 12 month clothes fall down on her, but 6-9 months are WAY too short. Seems to be the same problem I had when I was growing up. Clearly I don't have the problem to this day!!! :o)
I came home on Sunday for a two week visit. It's nice to be back home again! I miss it so much! I miss my house! I have to just keep telling myself that it's only 14 more months...I can do it! Look at how fast Ali's 15 months have gone!
Well, I'm at my mom's house for dinner, so I should go. Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!!!
6 comments:
What a little peanut! We haven't taken Maddy for her 15 month appt. yet but I'm guessing she's finally up to 21lbs. She hates the scale too by the way. She freaks!
It sounds like Ali is doing well. Saying phrases is definitely ahead of the game. Maddy talks like crazy and learns a new word almost every day but isn't putting phrases together yet.
Ugh...I hate it when they are in that kind of mood for a doc appt. Makes you feel like they think your kid is always that way! Haa.
You look great for 20 weeks...and only 7lbs, whoo hooo!!
And great on the potty training. Great progress to make now. Josey is hit or miss. She went twice yesterday, but only sat on the potty once today. I am not pushing it because I have too much else going on. But it is awesome for you guys!!
She is just petite, that's all. As long as she's eating well, I woudln't worry about it. I have the same problem with Brody. He's so skinny.
Good for her, talking so much and doing so well with the potty training! I hope the next one is just as blessed!
That is awesome that Ali is doing so well with the potty training! I am impressed. That is so cute that she is talking so much now! What a smart little girl!
That is awesome that Ali is doing so well with the potty training! I am impressed. That is so cute that she is talking so much now! What a smart little girl!
I hope you're having a great 2 weeks back visiting home! I am sorry Ali had so much trouble at her Dr. appt and got that upset! Poor girl!
Post a Comment