Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How it's going so far....(and take my poll!!!)

I thought I'd post a little recap of our two days in full force potty training!  It's gone really well so far, all things considering!  I mean, she is ONLY 15 months old (well, almost...on the 18th!) and we hadn't even put a potty chair in front of her to just "sit on".  


Yesterday she went peepee four times on the potty and poopied in the potty.  Today we got four pees on the potty and TWO poops!  YAY!!!  I was thinking I would be lucky to even get one pee out of her!  We have gone through all of her undies during the day, so I've had to do a mid-day load of laundry.  I have 12 pairs of undies, I thought that'd be enough, but I don't mind tossing them in the laundry.  Yeah, it uses more detergent to do that much laundry, but it's totally worth it if I'm not buying diapers anymore!!!  

So, I've basically just been taking her every-so-often trying to get her timing.  It's been different each day so far.  Yesterday morning she was only going once an hour...the first pee we missed, but got the second one.  Then she was dry when she woke up from her nap, and we got the first one after nap time.  After that it was kinda down hill and she was going about every 15 minutes!  Just about the time I would think to myself "I should take her, but it's only been 12 minutes-ish....I can wait a few more minutes"  she'd pee!  OR I'd take her in there a few minutes early and she'd sit there and not go.....then would go as soon as we put her undies back on her.  grrr!  

As far as the pooping...yesterday I could see the beginning of her grunting and took her in there.  Today the first poop was just luck, I think....but the second I could see her signs of getting ready to go and got her in there in time.  Boy does my trash smell better today!!!  No dirty diapers in there for the past two days!  That's always nice for the nasal passages!  :o)  

It's definitely hard work!!!  I'm still hopeful though.  On many occasions she's told me "potty" as she's going potty or has JUST gone.  So, I KNOW she knows what she's doing when she pees.  Even twice today she's SCREEEEAMED when it ran down her leg.  She does not like it running down her leg into her socks!  Part of me is half tempted to just let her run around naked.....and if this was MY house, I probably would.  But, since this is a rented house out here....I feel like it wouldn't be a good idea to have my kid pissing all over the rugs!  :o)  

So, that's how it's going.  Pretty well.  I can't wait till I can say without a doubt that my little munchkin is all out potty trained!  :o)  Ah, the thought!  

Well, that's all for now....I promise I won't give you daily updates on my child's peeing habits!!!  I just wanted to let everyone who has wished us luck how it's gone so far.  

Pssst!  Take my name poll!  We need all the help we can get!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ali!!! :o) The past two evenings, I have had Kenna in training pants. The first night went really well! She didn't have a single accident and peed in the potty twice and pooped once. Last night was completely different! She had two accidents and only peed once. And at the end of the night before bed, I was trying to get one last pee out of her but she just sat there and cried and threw a fit and screamed (we're thinking she didn't take a nap in the afternoon) so I said we were done for the day. It was just 20 minutes before bed and she crashed on Anthony's shoulder right after that. But I think I'm gonna start doing that every day. :o) And hopefully it will go a little faster. Anthony seems to think they aren't real consistent at the daycare which a real bummer since they have her the majority of the day. Anyway, I'm going to go cast my vote for Avery! :o) Take care and give Ali hugs for me!

Platinum Rose said...

It sounds like it's going great to me so far! That's a lot of progress in just 2 days!

Sara said...

Wow, Ali is doing an awesome job!