Sunday, October 5, 2008

Here goes nothin'!

In just a few hours.....well, more like 7-ish hours, we'll be starting our day.  A new day, a Monday.  Why is this Monday any different from all the rest.  It's the day that I decided we were going to start potty training!!!!!  A big day it's gonna be!  I'm a little nervous!  I know it's gonna be a rough couple'a days to start out with, but I'm hopeful, too.  I have such a smart little cookie, and I have no doubt that she'll catch on quick.  It's just that this is my first time to do this, and I really have no clue what the heck I'm doing!!!  


My mom is full of great advice on this, and I'm all for taking her advice when it comes to early potty training--she did, afterall, have two children that she trained with no problem by the age of one!  

Our plan?  I bought some thick training pants a while back--and then got a few extra cheapie gerber ones as back up if we go through all the good ones.  So, I'm just gonna start out taking her when she gets up in the morning and take her every 10-15 minutes until i can figure out how long she goes in between potties.  For naps we'll be using pull-ups but all other times will be strictly cloth training pants.  

We shall see....wish us luck!  

10 comments:

Mrs.Gator said...

Good luck! I hope all goes well :)

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I am so anxious to hear how it goes! I'm about tempted to text you right now to find out how it's going! LOL I hope she does catch on well and I guess the best piece of advice I've been told is to be patient. I have to tell myself that many times! LOL You know my little one, she's so stubborn! Haha. :o)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love the new background! It's so cute!

Me said...

I'm so excited for you! Good luck. I hope it all works out well!

Sara said...

Good luck, please let me know how it goes!

tm said...

Good Luck potty training!

P.S. Our nursery furniture is from CSNbaby.com

Heather said...

Good luck! We need to get back in the habit of putting Maddy on the potty. Like I said before, though, I'm not in too big of a rush because that means I'd have to give up my cloth diapers. lol

I hope it goes well!

I love the new background by the way.

Amy said...

Oh how exciting. I'll be interested in hearing what tricks work.

*Tina* said...

hey! good luck! Let us know how it goes!