While I was back home visiting I went ahead and scheduled Ali's 18 month well-visit with her pediatrician--even though she's not *technically* 18 months yet--I was really looking forward to this one. Mainly to see if my skinny-minnie had put on some pounds. At 12 months she was 19lbs, at 15 mos she was 18.5lbs and I was told to put her on pediasure.
She LOVES the pediasure!!! I was hoping it had worked....no such luck! My kiddo STILL only weighs 18.5 lbs! What the heck!? I do have a finicky eater and I have a hard time getting her to try new things, but I thought for sure she would have gained SOMETHING!
Her doctor wasn't too concerned since she's growing every other way...she's 32.5 in tall and her head is growing too. He just said that she *should* have gained SOMETHING in six months. So, he wants to see her in May when we go back home and check her weight again then. IF by then she still hasn't gained anything he'll do blood work to see if anything is going on. I hope it doesn't come to that...watching her get shots is bad enough!!!
I did make it back to DC tonight. It was really hard to leave home. The past year I've been able to go back to visit once a month, but that's not going to happen this year. :o( My parents are planning on visiting next weekend so that'll be nice. They're going to drive our MINIVAN (AHHHH, still can't believe I have a minivan!!!) out for us, and then will be driving Josh's car back home for us.
I no longer live in the MD house....while I was at home Josh moved us into a new house in VA. It's much nicer and little "homier" than the other one was...and is in an area that's more like what I'm used to at home. We also have friends that live in the SAME neighborhood. Hopefully all of these things will make this last year here go by quickly!
Ali is doing wonderfully! She had a great Christmas....got WAY too many toys! I have a ton of pictures, but don't feel like dealing with uploading them now (it's late) but if you're on facebook...you can check them out there! She's still doing great pottying. She's gone days without any accidents and hasn't pooped in her pants in I don't know how long! She's also doing great sleeping in her big girl bed! We took down her crib while I was at home and put her in a full sized bed. At first she cried a little, but never once tried to get out. I just tell her to "go to bed like a big girl" and she says "no crying!" and that's all the fuss I have now. I can't believe how big she is! She'll be 18 months in a week! Hard to believe that she'll be TWO in six months!
I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment today, but I had to move it to next week because I changed my flight back here to VA. I'm interested to hear what my doc has to say about my fluid levels. I can't believe that I only have 7 wks left of this pregnancy. Although I HATE being pregnant, it's gone by so fast this time!!! Thank goodness, because I'm ready to be comfortable again! :o)
That's all for now, it's SUPER late and I need to get to bed. My little kiddo doesn't know how to sleep in! Even though she got to bed after 11 tonight (we had a later flight, and then Josh got stuck in the fun DC traffic!) she'll STILL be up by 7, if not sooner! Arg!






7 comments:
Glad you made it back okay. I looked at your Christmas pics on Facebook yesterday. There are some awesome ones of Ali. She is growing up so fast, but then they tend to do that :-) Hope she slept in for you this morning. Well, have a good first day back in VA!!!
I can't believe you only have 7 weeks (more or less) to go, either! It seems like it flew by this time! I am glad you made it back to DC safely, and to a house that will hopefully make this last year much easier on you! I also hope you can get Ali to start gaining some weight, I know that must concern you. I hope she doesn't have to get bloodwork done, owie! Fingers crossed she starts to gain soon.
It is hard to believe that baby #2 will be here SO soon!!! That is so exciting. I am SO impressed with all that you have been doing with Ali! I cannot believe she is doing so well with potty training and in a big girl bed already. I am seriously thinking about early potty training with Brooke since you have had so much success!!!
Sorry to hear that you can't go home to visit for a while! That is great your parents can come out! You'll LOVE your new mini van. I couldn't live without mine now!
I totally understand how you feel about a skinny baby :) Cade is tiny, also. Although, I took him in for his 18 month check up when he was 19 months old, but anyway...he was up to 22 pounds. That was with heavy jeans and a thick sweater on, so he's probably closer to 20 or 21 pounds. He's in the 8th percent. He's moved up from the 5th percent like he usually is, ha. My doc isn't worried either. She said he's just going to be small. Hopefully Ali will gain a little weight before her next appointment so she won't have to have tests run!
I hope you enjoy your new house!
Glad you made it home, and to your new home :) Geez, a big girl bed & big girl panties by 18 mo, you're doing a great job!
I'm sorry to hear that she didn't gain any weight, but I'm sure all is well since she's still growing on time.
That's so great about potty training. I'm having a tough time with Brody. He was doing well in the very begining but now it's like the potty freaks him out. I have no idea what to do about it anymore, other than just saying "he's not ready" and wait a little while longer. I have no clue.
Congrats on the new house. Show us pics if u get a chance!
wow....only 7 more weeks...time has flown by that's for sure.
Just to let you know - I tagged you on my blog...have fun!
Post a Comment