I went yesterday to the doctor to have my non-stress test done.....I was only hooked up to the monitors for about ten minutes or so. He just wanted to see that there was some variability in hear heart rate. I also had "a couple of contractions" he said. Not that that really means anything anyways!
I have to have the NST done each week when I go and he's also wanting to do an ultrasound every other time Im there to check to make sure the fluid level stays steady. He said the baby was "happy swimming in a small pool" but still wants to keep an eye on things. I'm happy with that. I'm glad I have a doctor that is so thorough!
I was also told that my c-section has been scheduled for the 17th of Feb. I'm still not sure how I feel about this whole "knowing what day my baby will be born" thing. There is the benefit of our moms knowing exactly when to be here and having things all lined up for Ali to be taken care of.... I just always thing that labor and child birth is something that happens when it happens, that's the way that God intended! He picks their birthdays, not us! And, YES, I know that there are reasons to be induced and to have scheduled c-sections...obviously, I HAVE to have one, nothing I can do about it.
It's also scary to me that this day is LESS than a month away!!!! I can't believe in less than a month i'll have TWO kids--under TWO for that matter! Yikes!!! I'm fairly certain that I'm more nervous this time around than I was before Ali was born!!! Having two seems so overwhelming!
Anyways....my parents came out this weekend. It was nice to have them here for a few days. They drove the minivan out for us and then took Josh's car back home. While they were here I was able to sleep in a few days--my mom offered to get up in the mornings with Ali so that was nice. I went and had Ali's 18 month pictures taken at Target. They turned out soooo cute and i'll post the link when that's emailed to me. We were able to get the crib set back up in the baby's room and put clothes away. I was really sad to see them go yesterday! I don't know what I was more emotional about.....knowing that the next time I saw them would be when the baby was born, or if it was because I know that from now on I won't be seeing them as often as I have in the past year. :o(
Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone has had a wonderful long weekend!






6 comments:
Exciting news! Think of it this way...God still created your baby, and the due date, around which the schduled birth is decided....so God's still deciding! :)
Don't worry about the two under two. It's not as hard as everyone thinks it is!
Can't wait to see her 18 mo pics. Post some pics of the new house & nursery too! (In your spare time :)
Yay! I think it's exciting! You're gonna do great. Can't wait to see those pics!
I am so glad that everything continues to look well with the pregnancy. I cannot believe that in less than a month, your little girl will be here! I understand why it bothers you that you cannot have things happen naturally, I know you wanted that so badly. I hope and pray that somehow, it will still be able to happen that way for you, before the 17th!
Exciting! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Haleigh!
I'm glad you had a good time with your parents.
Wow..I can't believe it's almost that time. It's so exciting but I would feel very nervous too. Don't worry about it though. I know you'll manage two little ones just fine.
Can't wait to see the pictures.
Post a Comment