Monday, December 1, 2008

So long Sally!!!!

Sally, I hate to see you go.  You weren't my favorite car by any means, but you were good to me the last four years... even though I wasn't so good to you some of the time.  I bent three out of the four of your wheels, I scraped you on a car port, I hooked up jumper cables to God only knows what when I didn't realize your battery was in the TRUNK!  (seriously....who would've known!  The trunk of all places!!)  I think I liked the two before you- The Black Bandit (my very first car...an '89 Cutlass Calais) and Gretta Grand Am (the first car I got on my own!!)--but i'm going to miss you most because of what's following you!  Marta....Marta the MINI VAN!!!  


Josh and I got the mini van last Wednesday!  We went with a new 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan.  I hate to admit it--since I swore up and down that I would NEVER drive one!-- but it is pretty cool!  it has a dual DVD player for when kids wnat to watch separate movies, heated first AND second row seats, ambient lighting, power doors--all of them, even the back hatch!, stow-n-go seats, Uconnect for handsfree phone calling, the list could really go on..but my favorite of them all is the REMOTE START!!!!    I hate getting into a cold car!  How nice it's been to be able to start the car before I even go outside!!!  

When I'm inside of it, i don't feel like I'm driving a MINI VAN....but when i look at it on the outside I swear it's NOT mine!  :o)  Damn the mini van for being so practical!!!  :o)  It's so much easier to get Ali in and out of her carseat!  So I'm officially a soccer mom!!!  Bah!  

Other than that--I had a wonderful visit home!  It went by WAY too fast!  I just got back to DC tonight and will be heading back to IN in 10 days!!!!  I know, it seems pretty pointless...I should have just stayed there.  Believe me, I wanted too!  Josh didn't allow it...something about wanting to see his daughter!  The nerve!  :o)  My next visit home will be for almost a month!!!  It'll be the last time I'll be able to fly, so I have to make it worth it!  Who knows when i'll be able to go home after that!  :o(  

Ali has been awesome!  Even though she and I have both been suffering from colds she's still awesome!  She's so much fun!  Talking A LOT!  She's even starting to be able to carry on a little bit of a conversation now.  She'll as "how are you?" and when you say "good, how are you?"  she'll say "good"  It's so stinkin' cute!  The other night I had given her Robitussin before she went to bed to help with her stuffy nose and slight cough....it apparently had the opposite affect as I was hoping for!  She didn't sleep nearly at all, and then at 5 am she was literally bouncing off the walls!  Josh tried to get her to go back down, and without any luck he brought her into our room before he went downstairs with her.  She was laughing at NOTHING and was bouncing ALL over the bed!  It wasn't a great night, but even though I was so frustrated with her not sleeping I couldn't help but laugh at her!  Needless to say we will not be giving her Robitussin again!  

I'm getting pretty uncomfortable at night.  The heartburn STILL sucks!  I'm ready for the last 12wks to be over with and have my new baby girl here!  Josh has yet to agree with me on the name, so she has no official name yet...bleh!    We have another ultrasound on Wed to make sure the cysts on the choroid plexus are gone.  I'm excited to get some more pictures of her and see her again!!!  :o)  

Well, that's about all I have!   Hope you're all doing well!  I'm going to try to catch up with everyone since I did such a bad job while I was at home!!!  

6 comments:

Stacey J said...

I know the anti-mini van feeling. I was the very same.. But 3 girls later, its pretty much a necessity in our lives. We have the Grand Caravan too, and it has been great for us these last 2 years. My sights are now set on the Honda Odyssey. Pretty sad huh! What happended to the sports car days? Sigh...

Emma's Mommy said...

I can admit it...... I am jealous of your van :-) I have a Grand Caravan, but I really want a new one with all the "perks". I really think that you will enjoy it. Especially once the baby comes and you take your first little road trip. Enjoy it!!!

Heather said...

I don't want a mini van either but I can tell you we'll probably end up with one eventually. The sacrifices we make for our kids. lol

I'm glad Ali is doing well. I really wish we lived closer and could get the girls together. I think they'd have so much fun!

Platinum Rose said...

It's great to hear from you! I am glad you like your new mini van, even though you swore you'd never drive one. So far...I'm sticking to that (swearing I'll never drive a mini van), but of course I don't even have 1 kid yet. But I am like you were...refuse to ever drive one!

I cannot believe you are already almost 28 weeks along. Wow! I hope everything looks good at your next u/s and that the cysts are gone!

Amy said...

I know what you mean. I hate mini-vans but someday I am sure that I will need one too. There really aren't any other options out there, here's hoping they come up with one in the next couple years.

I love remote start, so much better to get in the car when it is already warmed up (and cooled down in the summer).

audreybreier said...

I still say I'll never drive a mini van :) I'm determined to just get a larger SUV, ha. We'll see how that goes! Our next car when we get one, will be an SUV. Since we wrecked our car, all we have is my tiny Mitsubishi Lancer..that won't be much fun with 2 kids, but we haven't broken down to get a car yet because we like only having 1 car payment! But, I know we'll have to get one soon, once Liam is born.

I hope everything went well with the ultrasound!