Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ultrasound and 28wk apopintment

I had a follow up ultrasound today--to make sure that the cysts on the choroid plexus were gone.  They were!  YAY!  BUT, the measurements that the tech had taken showed that the belly was measuring a week behind everything else.  So, the doc came in to do a few measurements of his own, and his measurements came out fine.  He said that it could have been due to the baby being crowed when the tech did her's.   They also found that my fluid level is on the low end of normal.  So, I have ANOTHER ultrasound in two weeks to make sure that it's not getting lower.  Sheesh!  We did have them check to make sure baby Newt hadn't decided to become a boy--still a girl!  :o)  She's also hanging out breech...which I knew.  I always feel her kick down in my crotch and her head is hangin' out right under my ribs.  She better not get too comfy that way!!!!  

After that I had my 28wk appointment.  Things still look good.  I've only gained 5lbs since the last appointment four weeks ago--making the total 16lbs!  Not too shabby!  I had gained nearly 30lbs by this point with Ali!  I definitely don't think I'll be keeping it 20lbs or under, but maybe I'll be under 25!  Wishful thinking...we'll see.  I'm supposed to start going every two weeks now, but since I'll be home visiting for almost 5 wks I have to have that next u/s at home.  Doc went ahead and scheduled my c-section (pray it won't come to that!!!) for March 3rd!  That was going to be the date I was going to ask him to schedule it!  That  was my uncle's, who passed away, birthday.  Even though it would be cool to have her on his birthday, I'm still praying that I won't have to have another c-section!!!!  

I'll leave you with a new belly picture 
And this one is from Ali at 29 wks.  





7 comments:

Me said...

What great news! Glad to hear things went well at the ultrasound. You're looking good! Have a great rest of the week.

audreybreier said...

I'm so glad the cysts are gone! That's a relief!

I had my 32 week appointment this morning and now I go every 2 weeks...I can't believe I'm already to this point. They actually told me that they would probably check me at my next appointment to see if I've already started dilating because they said it tends to happen faster with the 2nd one. It's going by SO fast! Our little ones will be here so soon!

Your belly looks cute! I need to take another belly shot. I'm so horrible with doing belly shots this time..I just haven't kept up with it!

Trish J said...

I love your belly!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

Glad the appointment went well.

Heather said...

I'm so glad the cysts are gone!! I hope your fluid levels get back to the higher end of normal by next time. Try and rest lady!! Yeah, I know. Hard to do with a toddler running around.

Cutest Belly Ever! :D

LCP said...

March 3rd is my birthday!!!

I was doing great with the weight gain with Jack too, until the last month or so and I gained so much...only a total of 38, but so much better than 50+ with Josey. Keep up the good work girl! Your belly is so cute.

Amy said...

You look great Jodi! Gives me hope that with each successive (is that a word?) pregnancy I don't have to gain more and more. I'm glad the U/S checked out fine. I've been there.