Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Darn the luck..

*said with all the sarcasm possible!*  I hate moving...HATE IT!  Thankfully I luck out on having to move this time!  See, we're moving houses out here in the DC area and I don't have to do a darn thing!  I mean, I've packed up all of mine and Ali's things, but that's it!  I don't have to move it!  Josh's friend has bought a house in VA that we'll be renting from him and since I'm leaving tomorrow I don't have to be a part of the move!  It does make me a little nervous that Josh will forget something, but as of right now our landlord hasn't rented this place out right after we move, so if we do forget something, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to come back and get it.  


I'm really looking forward to getting out of this house!  It's a nice house, a neat place...but I hate it!  I hate keeping it clean, and just overall hate it!  It has gorgeous hardwood floors, but they're such a pain to keep clean with a dog that sheds and drools all over them!  It's not like carpet, where I can just vacuum....I have to broom sweep all the dog hair up, then use hardwood cleaner on it, and then I have to vacuum the area rugs.  Blech!  I will not miss it!  Not to mention that the hardwood floors creak with every move you make, so there's no sneaking into Ali's room to see if she's sleeping or to cover her up.  I can hear josh put his big toe on the floor when he gets up to get ready in the morning.  

The new house is nice!  It's in an area more like I'm used to living in at home....we have friends that live in the same neighborhood.  It'll be nice to be able to have someone close, and maybe I'll actually get out of the house and have some adult interaction!  The move is scheduled for the 20th and I won't be here!  YAY!  Luck is on my side for this one!  

So, I'm heading back to IN for FOUR WEEKS tomorrow!  I'm so excited to go back home!  I'm always excited, but this time it's for Christmas...and I'm so excited to be able to spend it with my family!  It's a long trip home, but this will be the last one before the baby comes, and I wanted to make it count!  :o)  I have lots'a plans with family and I'm hoping to be able to get together with friends some too!  

OH, in other news....I think we have FINALLY agreed on a name for baby Newt!  It's about darn time!  I think we've decided on Haleigh (or Hailey) Mae.  We still haven't decided on the exact spelling yet, but at least she has a name we can call her now!  I want to spell it Haleigh because my middle name is Leigh.  I always disliked my actually middle name, but I LOVE the way it's spelled.  I think it looks pretty and feminine....that's why i'm gunning for the first spelling.  Josh, for some reason, thinks it looks funny...but yet likes the way my middle name is spelled.  Eh, I don't get him either.  I don't mind Hailey...but it's more of a sentimental reason for me.  I'm just excited she actually has a name now!  YAY!  

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I like the name you picked out! I am glad you could finally agree on one!

Yeah for missing out on the move! Moving is horrendous! I hope you have a wondeful trip home for the holidays!!!

Mrs. Taco said...

Woohoo for Haleigh! (Heehee!) :o) I'm so glad I'll get to call her something beside "baby" when I see you next! I think you should just tell Josh to suck it up and let you spell it the way you want to for the sentimental reasons.

By the way, I love the new background! Very Christmas-y. :o) See you soon!

RecoveringCoffeeholic said...

I am loving the name.

I am also glad that you won't have to move anything. I was 7 month prego when we moved into our house and I did not have to do anything either! It was great!

Amy said...

Yea, I'm so glad you'll be in a neighborhood with friends. That should make things out there a lot better.

Can't wait to meet miss Haleigh :)

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit with your fam. My BIL wanted to use "Hailey Mae" if my BIL and SIL had a girl (they didn't) - how funny that you both picked the same name!

Me said...

Well, you planned that trip well, didn't you? :)

Oh, and I vote Haleigh.

Amy said...

I really like the name you guys picked out!

I hate having to move and am still halfway through the process right now. Ugg, more then moving I hate unpacking :)

Heather said...

I love the name Haleigh!! Very pretty.

Platinum Rose said...

That's great you get to miss out on the headache of the big move! I'm glad you're moving into a house that you'll like, in a neighborhood where you already know someone! That's great! HAVE FUN at home! Wow...4 weeks! I know you are excited about that! Yay! Happy Holidays!

Betsy said...

Darn...you don't get to experience the total stress of moving?? lol I BET you're happy!!!

I like the name you chose... either spelling is very pretty!