Hi gals, I'm here...I promise! I'm at home visiting and having a wonderful time! It's been busier than normal...my birthday (the 28th) was on monday, so my schedule has been cram-packed with family wanting to get together to celebrate. It wasn't a very exciting birthday, as far as numbers go...I mean, who REALLY looks forward to 28!? I did celebrate by having lunch and dinner with my parents and got my hair done. Tuesday I had to go down to my dad's house for that side of the family--Blech!! Wednesday is not only "wednesday night dinner" at my mom's house, but it was my choice--homemade chicken & noodles it was! mmmm!
Last night I was able to meet up with an old friend of mine from high school. We haven't seen each other/talked in about nine (NINE!) years! We just lost touch when we went off to school. I found her on facebook and ended up having dinner last night. It was great to be able to catch up! The FIL and SMIL came down to spend a few hours with Ali while I was out and about...it was nice to be able to catch up with said old friend without Ali taking my attention away from that. I was then able to stop by Toys R Us to get some of my Christmas shopping started! I have three of the little kiddos done....five more to go! (we only buy for the kids in our families.)
Josh gets in to town on Tuesday and will be staying for Thanksgiving. We'll also be looking into buying a new vehicle when he's here. My little Saturn Ion just will NOT do when it comes to having two carseats in there! Sooooo, i'm gonna have to suck it up, put on my big girl panties and go for the mini! I was always so anti-mini vans....but, it turns out they are pretty practical! Darn it! :o)
That's all I really have for now...I need to get ready, I'm heading to lunch with my mom again!!! :o) OH--I'm in double digit numbers now! I only have 97 days left! Talk about time flying! Baby Newt (who STILL has no name!!!!) will be here in no time!
Will's 1st Birthday!
15 years ago






9 comments:
Sounds like you had a very busy but wonderful bday! :-)
Isn't it nice going out without our kiddos once in awhile? As much as we love 'em, time out alone is always nice. I'm always thinking, "Wow...where should I go FIRST?!" And speaking of Toys R Us, I need to go there myself! :-)
Dealing with the minivan situation, I always hear good reviews on that Chrysler town and country...that might be a good choice. Or if you aren't sure about a mini, maybe a small SUV or something? I remember I was so upset getting rid of my car, but I wouldn't trade a bigger vehicle for ANYTHING now! Good luck with all that!
Take care! (And btw...I voted for "Alaina Mae!") I think that would be cute... you could have Ali and "Lanie!" And what's even more funny, Alaina (mine spelled Alayna) was the name I was actually considering if we have another girl (no, I'm not pregnant YET!). So we'd BOTH have Ali/Aly's and Lanie's!
I'm glad u had a good birthday. I was thinking about you that day!
Wow..you're taking the big step and getting a Mini! that's exciting. I've always been anti-mini too but the older I get I agrew with you. Whenever I borrow my inlaws van, I love it!
Glad you had a great birthday. Hope you find the perfect name soon!
Glad to hear that you had a fun birthday! Too bad that birthdays are not exciting anymore!!! Now I feel like I am just getting old!
We had to suck it up and get a mini van before Brooke and I LOVE it! Never thought I would but it is so spacious (especially since I drove the smallest car ever before Brooke) and it makes life so much easier! Hope you get a vehicle you like!
Sounds like you are having a great time at home. I think I remember you saying that this was going to be your last visit home before the baby came. I bet you are making the most of it :-)
Mini vans are pretty cool!!! I always thought I would never want one and now I can't see myself in anything else. It makes it so much easier to get the kids in and out and you get fit so much more 'stuff' in them. Makes shopping a breeze. LOL!!
Have a good Thanksgiving!!!
Happy belated birthday!
When I read about you wanting a mini I starting craking up. I have always said I would never drive one and now I really want one...LOL
Have a great Thanksgiving
Never say never...that's my motto! We have always said we wouldn't be the "mini van type". But parenthood changes EVERYTHING. We don't have one yet, but I've been thinking about them. Probably not til the next baby.
It sounds like you had a busy birthday!
I'm glad you had some time away from Ali...I never get time away from Cade because our family doesn't live close enough to watch him for a short period of time.
Nathan always tells me we're going to buy a mini :) I haven't given in yet, ha. I think we'll probably end up getting an SUV...I don't know if I could do a minivan!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! That's so great you're back home catching up with everyone, family, and your friend from 9 years ago!
Happy Belated Birthday!
I can't believe you are down to double digits already!
Post a Comment