While my parents were out visiting for the birth of Haleigh, my mom would give Ali her baths and put her to bed. She started saying a nighttime prayer with her (that we've kept up with each night). Nothing too complicated, just "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep," and at the end of it she had her say "I love you Jesus!"
Once they went back home Josh has been saying her prayer with her and, un-promted, she still says the "I wub you Jesus!" at the end of it! It melts my heart! It's like she knows exactly who Jesus is and could put a face to His name! I love it!!!!! I really should get it on video and post it on here just to show you all how sweet the sound of the whole prayer is coming from such a sweet little voice!!!
Haleigh is doing wonderful! She's such a good baby! She only cries during her baths and when she's SUPER hungry. Last Monday at her doctor visit she had already gained 6 ozs in only three days. Nursing still has it's ups and downs, but overall I still think it's going better than it did with Ali. I do know that I haven't been quite as frustrated as I was with Ali. We have issues with my milk let down and Haleigh will pull away--which makes for quite the mess! :o) But, once it slows back down a little she at least has a good latch, unlike her sister!
I've been able to get some good rest the past several days. Haleigh has been sleeping through the night already!!!! I have to wake her up between 6-8 to feed her because my boobs feel like they're going to explode! Then she's right back to sleep, and since I've had family and Josh here to get up with Ali I'm able to sleep in just a little bit longer. Unfortunately Josh goes back to work tomorrow and I'll be getting a taste of what it's like to get up early again!
Ali's been really sick the past few days. My MIL had a cold while she was out here and didn't bother to stay away from Ali so she ended up with her cold and her first ear infection! My poor little girl had a fever for two days stickin' around 102. She's been on the antibiotic for a few days, but still has a cough and runny nose, making for a cranky and clingy little girl! I've had a few hours here and there with both girls alone and it's pretty difficult when Ali says "hold you!" and I'm nursing Haleigh. Other than feeding Haleigh I try to put her in her pack n play or swing so that I can still have some alone time with Ali.
I think Ali has really enjoyed having all the family visiting, but I think its' starting to take a little bit of a toll on her. It was really screwing with her schedule for several days. It's starting to take it's toll on me too. I LOVE having my family visiting, but I'm ready to settle into our own routine. My parents left last Monday and Josh's mom and grandma left on Friday. My sister and brother came out on Friday and will be staying till Wed. I'll have about 10 days before Josh's dad and step mom come out and then about 10 days after they leave before we'll have about three more weeks in a row with family out. It's gonna be a crazy two months, but it'll be nice to have visitors to make my time here go a little quicker! :o)
Other than that, I think things are going well overall. We'll see what tomorrow has in store for us though.......






8 comments:
It'll get easier with two of them, don't worry!
Glad the BFing is going well!! Good weight gain and everything...that's very encouraging! :)
Good luck tomorrow!!
Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how things were going. I'm so glad she's nursing and sleeping well. Sounds like you're doing a great job. I think that's a great idea that you are putting Haliegh in her swing or pack'nplay while she sleeps to have time with Ali.
You are a luck girl! A newborn that sleeps through the night is almost unheard of!
I'm glad things are going so well. I'm looking forward to more pictures!;-)
Family is great, but I know what you mean about getting your own little routine and needing some space. Sounds like things are going well (with the exception of Ali getting sick that is). Glad the breast feeding is going well, that is always a comfort when it "works" and such a stresser when "it" doesn't. Can't wait to see more pics of your sweet girls!
So glad you're doing well and actually getting some sleep. I hope Ali is 100% soon - she is such a sweetie. I'm looking forward to more pictures when you get a chance...!
That is fabulous that Haleigh is such a good baby and is sleeping through the night already! I am jealous!
Poor Ali, I hope she feels better soon. Her night time prayer sounds so cute!
So jealous that Haleigh sleeps through the night! I hope it continues.
BF is really hard sometimes. Just stick with it and it does get easier.
It sounds like you are doing a super job of juggling two kids! :o) I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you. Take care and I'll get to see you and Haleigh in April! :o)
Post a Comment