Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Two On One

Today marked my first venture out of the house with BOTH girls......ALONE!!!!  I had plans to drop Ali off to play with her friend Ben while I took Haleigh to her two week, er...make that three week check up.  Play date got canceled though, so I took her with me.  I was a tad nervous, but all went well.  The only issues we had were that she wanted to continue to play with the toys in the waiting room when they called us back and before we left.  Other than that, she did just fine.  She also didn't exactly like it when Haleigh started crying.  


So, everything with little miss Haleigh look wonderful!  The doctor was impressed that she's holding her head up so well and that she's sleeping through the night.  I think she about fell over when I told her she'd been sleeping 6+ hours at night since she was a week old!  Haleigh checked in at a whopping 8lbs 3ozs and is close to 22 inches long now.  Momma's milk is GOOOOOOD!  :)  

I am so blessed to have such good girls!  I really thought that since Ali was such a good baby that this time I'd have my hands full!  Haleigh only cries when she's hungry, and that's if I let her wait a little too long.  Ali loves her to pieces and has not shown one ounce of jealousy towards her.  She gets so excited to go see Haleigh when she wakes up in the morning.  Ali taking so well to her has really helped the transition to two.  We do have a few hairy moments--mostly when I'm nursing Haleigh and Ali decides that she has to go potty!!  The timing is always perfect!  

Last Saturday Ali started swim lessons.  It's more of a parent/baby swim time....but they do try to teach them a few things too.  Ali loves the water, but did NOT like when the instructor wanted the parents to have the kiddos sit on the wall and then put them in the water to hold on to the side of the pool.  It's for seven weeks, so I'm interested to see how she's doing by the end of it.  

We have some more family coming out this weekend.  This time it's Josh's dad and step mom.  I'm looking forward to them coming and meeting Haleigh!  Ali hasn't seen them since Christmas-time and I know she'll enjoy the time with them.  However, I'm really glad it's only for the weekend and not a whole week!  We've finally gotten into a little bit of a routine and I don't know if I would really want a whole week of messin' that up!  :)  

And, I've been trying for HOURS to get pictures uploaded on here, but it's JUST.NOT.WORKING!!!!!  Annoying!  If you're on facebook, you've already seen them all anyways!  :)  

8 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like things are going well!! Good news!

Mrs. Taco said...

You know, when I come out there, since I'll be out there for a week, I will totally help you stay on schedule if I can help it. I'm not all concerned about going to tons of places (maybe a trip to the park on a nice day might be nice, other than that, I am perfectly fine hanging around the house) so it shouldn't be a problem with naps and all that. I'm just not sure if the girls are on the same time with their afternoon naps. But I'll try to let you keep your normal schedule as much as possible. :o)

Emma's Mommy said...

Sounds like things are going well with your two kiddos!!! Yeah!!!!! Congrats on a successfull outing. Now that you have done it once, there will be no stopping you :-)

Sara said...

Kendall just started swim lessons too! I hope Ali loves them. I'm sure by the end she'll be loving them.

I'm glad your first outing was successful!

Amy said...

I am so glad that things are going really well with both girls and they are making things easy for you.

tm said...

I am glad to hear everything is going well. I wish my little guy would sleep through the night. I would love to see some pics, can I get an invite to your facebook?

Amy said...

Don't you hate when you can't get the pictures to upload. So annoying. Congrats on surviving your 1st outting with 2 kids. I cannot even imagine. But you're doing it :) I'm so glad for you that Haleigh is such a good baby and that Ali is taking well to her. Sounds like things are going well :)

Heather said...

I'm glad everything is going well. I can't believe Haleigh is 3 weeks old already. Ali sounds like she's a great big sister.