Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Hunt

We didn't make a trip to an actual pumpkin patch this year, disappointing but we were so busy with Disney World and getting back into the swing of things when we got back that we just let it slip by. We had planned on going last weekend, but it was rainy and nasty, so it didn't work out. SO, Josh stopped by a pumpkin stand and just picked up one for each of us and we ended up putting them around the yard for Ali to find. It was fun for her, and she didn't really know a difference--that's all that matters, right!? :)






After we played around in the yard for a while, I sent Josh to Target to get some paint for Ali to paint her pumpkin. I really wanted Ali to experience carving her pumpkin out, but I HATE doing it, and Josh wasn't really in the mood to do it. So, painting it was. Again, she had fun and didn't really know the difference! Obviously, this is what I keep telling myself when I feel like I've jipped my daughter out of a fun experience! There's always next year! :)

3 comments:

Emma's Mommy said...

Due to the weather here, we also had not taken Emmaline out to the pumpkin patch this year. So I was VERY happy to go with her on her field trip yesterday so I could help her pick a pumpkin :-)

I can't believe how big Haleigh is getting and Ali looks like a little lady now. LOVE your photoshopped pics!! They are great!

LCP said...

Same here...but the important thing is you got pictures...and when you look back I don't think you will remember, "hmm, we didn't go to the pumpkin farm this year...or cut a pumpkin". You did something...that is what matters!!
Your girls are tooo cuttte!!

Trish J said...

We painted - rather than carved - pumpkins this year. I think it worked out better. Anything the weather was remotely pleasant, we went back to the picnic table and slathered on some more paint! Instant fun.