Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Beach Bummin'

It's been SO long since I've posted! Yikes! So much to catch up on, so little time! The short, picture verson.....I went back home for a visit a few weeks ago. I hadn't been home since Christmas!!!! It was so nice to see everyone...I miss home!!! Every day was FILLED to the max trying to run around and see everyone, but here are some highlights from our 10 day visit:

Josh's sister got married on May 16th!


I got to see my nephew, Brandon, play in one of his baseball games!!! He's awesome, definitely a natural!

My Grandma turned 80!!!!! We had a little get together with some of my extended family members at a nearby park. This was the first time that most of my family had met Haleigh. Here is Grandma and Haleigh--who is the 18th of my grandparents, now, 20 great-grandchildren!!! I've had two cousins give birth since Haleigh was born!
We also went up to see my other set of grandparents so that they could Also meet Haleigh!!!

I can't wait to go back! I miss home terribly!!!!!




Now that we've gotten back to VA from our visit, My sister Amy has come in to town for a short visit with us. Every day this week we've been going to the neighborhood beach that is right next to the house! Ali loves it!!! She could stay all afternoon, and probably even forget about eating lunch to stay longer!!! Haleigh isn't a fan of having her feet in the water just yet...but don't worry, I'll be working with her on her 'beaching' skills!!!
I couldn't get Ali to sit still long enough on the beach for a picture, so I grabbed one of the kid who doesn't know how to get away yet!

Other than that, the girls are fabulous! I'm constantly amazed at how fast Ali is learning!!!! She talks SO much, and just seems to be more of a little girl now! I can't believe my baby is going to be TWO next month!! It just doesn't seem possible!!!! She's FINALLY eating better for me! She will now eat meat!!!!! I took her to her pediatrition back home while we were there for him to do a weight check on her--since she hadn't gained an OUNCE the last time she was there--she's finally up to 21lbs!!!! Even though she's in the 3rd percentile, he's not concerned since she's growing and seems happy and healthy!
Haleigh is getting big FAST!!! She smiles ALL the time, and has been laughing out loud now! It's funny how your day can totally revolve around doing the silliest things to get a baby to laugh! She's been sleeping well, still--going to bed around 9 and waking at about 7am!!! Breast feeding is slowly coming to an end.....I just SUCK at it! I stopped nursing a few weeks ago, and was only pumping and giving bottles. That apparently wasn't the greatest idea as my supply is dropped dramatically! I've been supplementing with formula one bottle a day, but I still dont have enough to keep up with her and have been cutting into my frozens. I can't say as though I'm sad about this! I'll keep going, because any BM is better than none....but sheesh, I'm just not good at it! :)
Well, that's about all I've got for now.







8 comments:

Emma's Mommy said...

Glad you had a great visit when you went home. Looks like you were super busy!!

One of the things I miss the most about living on the east coast is the beach.....*AHHHHH* I would tell you to enjoy it...but I think you already are! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, you HAVE been busy :)

I love the wedding picture.

I really miss being able to go to the beach - that's the one thing that you really don't get when you live in the prairies.

Your girls look so beautiful and happy :)

Platinum Rose said...

Sounds like you have been having a great time! That was a very pretty wedding photo, and cute pics of the girls, too!

Me said...

I can't believe how all the blogger babies are getting! How funny that we've all been friends for so long.

You're pictures are great. I'm glad that you had such a nice time at home. Isn't it so wonderful to be at home with family in the summertime? I'm looking forward to that myself.

I hope you're having a great weekend!

Heather said...

I'm glad you had a good visit home. Ali looks like she loves the beach! How cool that you have one so close.

Tiffany said...

Love the beach pics! They make me want to go to the beach! Can't believe Haleigh is sleeping so well already. I am JEALOUS! She is doing much better than Brooklyn!!!

Andrea said...

Hi Jodi! Just wanted to finally say hello. I used to follow you on The Nest and had my own page, too, but got too busy to keep it up (we both got married about a month apart and both went to Hawaii for our honeymoons). Your girls are too cute! Hope all is well!

Trish J said...

I can't believe how big the girls are! So pretty.