Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Help me decide!!!!

So, Ali's FIRST birthday is quickly approaching gals, and I need some help deciding which theme to go with. I'm recruiting you all for your oppinions! The stupid website that I'll be ordering them from I can't get a picture to post so I'll have to post the link for you to go check 'em out. Sorry, I know that's a big pain, but I'm need of some help! I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to. :o)

The first one is really cute, and it seems kind of "appropriate" for now. Ali's really in to ducks right now, but who's to say she will be in two months. Here's the link: http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=catalogProducts.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=PT280&prodCatId=382852&mode=Browsing&erec=6&sp=true&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&cm_re=ED-_-Toys-_-F1L1&N=382852&tabId=Everyday&sd=Just+Ducky+Party+Theme

And, this one is just a girly theme and pretty cute. Here's the link to that one:
http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=browse&origin=catalogProducts.jsp&event=link.itemDetails&demandPrefix=12&sku=PT919&prodCatId=382852&mode=Browsing&erec=2&sp=true&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%252bmatchallpartial&cm_re=ED-_-Toys-_-F1L1&N=382852&tabId=Everyday&sd=Fun+At+One+Girl+Party+Theme

Let me know what you think.

I can't believe that it's time to start thinking about her party! I can't believe that she's going to be one already. It seems nearly impossible that the time has gone by THIS fast! Asside from the theme dilema, we haven't really thought much about what we want to do for the party as far as food goes. We do know that we're going to have 50, FIFTY people to invite. Sadly that's just our immediate family members! I always just thought that I'd go a little more overboard with the first birthday, since it's the biggest really, and then every one after that we'd just have asmaller number of people. I found that that will be impossible!!!! We're only inviting our immediate family members and then Ali's great-grandparents and stopping there. That, my friends, has quickly added up to FIFTY! I knew we had big families, but sheesh!

Ali's getting more fun by the second! I think I've mentioned before that she says the word duck, but now when you ask her "what does a ducky say?" she'll say "quack quack quack"!!!! When you tell her to make her "mean face" she scrunches up her nose, squints her eyes. I do have a picture of it, so when I get back to DC and my own computer I'll post a picture of it. Today she started a new face that's just simply HILARIOUS!!! There's no way I can actually discribe it to you, so you'll just have to believe me that it's pretty darn funny! I haven't got a picture of that one yet, but I'll work on it.

Since we've been back home on our visit she wants nothing to do with anyone but my mom or me. She won't go to her aunts or uncles. Well, she'll go to her aunt amy but that's only because she lives at the house so she sees her everyday while we're here. I don't know what I can do to make her more comfortable with them....it's hard when she's with me all day, every day! I try not to take her from someone while she's crying (more like SCREAMING!). I hope that it's just a phase she's going through. I know that she doesn't see her aunts and uncles as much as I'd like. I know that to her they're "strangers", but does anyone have any advice?

Tomorrow night Ali will be staying with her grandpa and grammy, josh's dad and stepmom. I'll have an evening and almost the whole day on friday to do whatever I please, but to be honest, I'm not really looking forward to it. I know it'll be good for both of us to have some time apart, seeing how she's been with everyone the past few days...and Lord knows, I need a little "ME" time. I just enjoy being with her, I love spending my time with her and I'm going to miss her terribly! I told my mom today that I think I'll have a hard time while she's gone, more so than any other time she's spent the night with one of her grandparents. When I was working, I had that time during the day when I wasn't with her, so when she'd spend the night with one of them, I was fine with it. Now that I'm with her ALL the time, I think I'm going to miss her more than before. You'd think it'd be the other way around, that I'd want to have a few hours to myself....but I guess I'm just strange like that. I have no worries about the care that my ILs will give her, she has a wonderfull grandpa and grammy.....I don't know what my deal is! Pray for me tomorrow night gals! :o)

Josh will be coming into town on Saturday with one of his friends. He goes to the Indy 500 every year, and this year will be no different. It's something he looks forward to each year, and I have no clue why. Sitting watching cars go around an oval track for hours is not my thing...to each their own I guess! :o) This will be the first time that he's been home since we moved to DC. I'm sure he'll have us running around all over creation so that he can see everyone in a few short days.

I'll be posting pictures when I get back, and just to forewarn you....there will be a LOT of pictures! i'll have the ones from my parents visit to DC and then some from our visit home. Be prepared! :o)

Hope you're all doing well. I'm gonna try to catch up with you here before I head to bed, but it's late so I don't know how far I'll make it!

10 comments:

Heather said...

I love, love, love the 2nd one. I think it's adorable! I really need to get going on Maddy's party. The invitations are bought but I need to get them filled out and sent. We're going to have a ton of people too and it's just family and very close friends. Yikes! It will be fun though.

Hey, I added a lot more clips to my etsy shop and I'll be adding even more before this weekend. There are a ton of new cute ones! I think Maddy has enough clips to wear a different one every day for 2 months! lol

Trish J said...

I like the ducks! Any girl can be girly - but not every girl loves ducks.

Whichever you choose will be adorable, though. Have fun!

Mrs. Taco said...

I already told you my choice. After seeing both of them, I think the ducks one is really cute. The girly one is cute too but I totally agree with Trish. You have so many years ahead to do girly themes for Ali's birthday but right now she's totally into ducks and I think you should go with it before she gets really opinionated! LOL :o) So something special and creative. Haha.

audreybreier said...

I love the duck one! I was going to do one from Oriental Trading for Cade that was ducks, but it was luau ducks..but I found all kinds of luau stuff for super cheap at a store here, so we just went with luau, without the ducks, although his cake is going to have ducks on it..they'll be hanging out at the beach :)

I totally understand what you mean about missing Ali! I'm the same way with Cade. You'd think I'd love time away but when I am away from him, I just can't wait to get back to him! I even miss him when we're at church and he's in the nursery!

I can't wait to see all your pictures!

Kristen Miller said...

Hmm...I'm torn. I really like the duck idea but I don't love that set for some reason. There are so many great duck cakes you can do too. I think the pink girly one is super cute. I guess I wish there was a happy median. I think both would be good choices though. :)

Joyce said...

They are both adorable! I think I like the ducks best. Especially since you said Ali is into ducks. I agree that she will have so many years for the girly stuff. I love Oriental Trading! They have great stuff at a great price. I actually did a "Fiesta" themed rehearsal dinner (same day as yours!) since it fell on Cinco De Mayo and I used some of the stuff they have on their website.
Good luck with your "YOU" time!

Amy said...

I would do the ducks since she likes them now - I am sure she will still like them in 2 months.

If I can remember clearly how my niece's were I think that around 1 year old they had some attachment issues to their parents even though they were around me all the time - I think it is just part of development at that age.

LCP said...

I'd say ducks...but I can't see the other link, but ducks is a sure winner.

And I would say her being timid and shy around your family is a phase. I remember that with Josey, and now she is all over everyone who walks through the door. It will get better.

Have a great weekend.

Amy said...

For some reason, I can only open the duck link. But it's really cute. I'm sure whatever you do will be adorable. So how'd you handle your "night off"? What did you do?

Me said...

Hi there,

Will you send me your email at kristinmwarner@hotmail.com? I'm going to be going private shortly. Thanks!